Thursday, November 6, 2008

From A Volunteer

Hi Altie,
I wanted to get this email off to you before we leave.
After thinking it over, I have decided to also be a buddy to Gita.
So I will use Tuesdays and Fridays for my visits.
The Teishmans will have Tuesday as their day and
Gita will have Friday.
I am really happy about this arrangement. I love the
Teishmans and find Gita a really lovely and compelling
woman. She is Russian and I am second generation
Russian from both my parents so it makes a special heart connection.
Russian was even my first language but today I remember nothing.
We are having lunch and a visit together since it is my last visit until I return.
I'll begin my 2 visits a week when I return.
Altie, this program is so good for me. I think I may get
more out of it than my buddies. Last week I was feeling
a bit off thinking about my son being so far away and
some other things. I was grateful that it was my day to
visit my buddies so I didn't need to "wallow".
The visit was uplifting and I left smiling.
Gita came into the Teishmans room and we had
some serious "girl" time. It was lovely.
Bye for now. Be well.
Paula

No comments: